Angular 6 Features
Angular 's five major releases are now in. The first published version is Angular 1 and is also known as AngularJS. Angular 1 was accompanied by Angular 2 which incorporated several changes compared to Angular 1.
Angular's framework is built upon the architecture of the components / services. AngularJS was based on controller view pattern. Angular 6 launched in May 2018 is proving a major breakthrough and is the Angular team's new update after Angular 5.
Angular 6 is approximately the same as Angular 5. It has reverse compatibility with Angular 5. Projects built in Angular 5 should work with Angular 5 without any problems.
Let's take a look at the latest functionality and updates in Angular 5.
Angular 6 and its Features
We released Angular 5 in November 2017. This was much quicker and smaller than that of Angular 4 because of its target of speed and size. The technologies included in Angular 5 are hereafter.
- It implemented HTTPClient API − HTTPClient API to deprecate the Web library. The HTTPClient API is much faster, more stable and more powerful than the HTTP server.
- Multiple export aliases − Multiple aliases may be used to export one part to simplify the migration process.
- Internationalized Number, Date, and Currency Pipes − New pipes for improved standardization are added.
- Lambda support − lambda expressions should be used instead of functions with the correct names.
- Build Optimizer-Introducing Build Optimizer. This optimizes the scale of the project and increases speed of operation. Angular CLI allows automated use of the Create Optimizer.
- Better Compiler − Compiler allows gradual compilation leading towards quicker compilation from Angular 5 onward. Compiler uses TypeScript transformations, a modern function accessible from TypeScript 2.3 onward.
Let us now see the new features added to Angular 6 –
- Modified Angular CLI, Command Line interface − New commands introduced to migrate from previous version to current version, such as ng-update. Ng-add the application functionality to render them a modern web app easily.
- Updated CDK, Component Development Kit − Supports the creation of custom UI elements with no need for angular library material. Supports templates in responsive Web design. Supports overlay modules for creating pop-ups.
- Updated Angular Material − Added new tree component, mat-tree, a modeled version and cdk-tree, an unstyled version, to reflect a node-like hierarchical framework.
- Angular Element − Requires the publication of Angular Components as Web Components which can then be used on any HTML page. Native custom elements can be conveniently generated utilizing the package Angular Element.