Node.js vs PHP
While both Node.js and PHP are open source, they are mainly targeted at web creation but have some distinguishing features. The former is better in some respects and the later, in some ways.
||Ryan Dahl developed Node.js in 2009 so it is comparatively new.
||In 1994 PHP was created by Rasmus Lerdorf. So, it has 20 + years of glorious history.
||PHP is a programming language, used for web application development.
||PHP is usually interpreted by an interpreter built as a module in a web server i.e. Apache, and Nginx.
||Node.js offers a large variety of new plugins designed according to the latest architectural approach.
||PHP is a language with fewer variables and other elementary features, quick and thin layering. Long and complex architectural website isn't fantastic at that.
Advantages of Node.js over PHP
- Node.js is still fairly new. Thus it offers a broad variety of new plugins designed in line with modern architectural approach.
- Node.js provides programming structure which makes it easy to understand and maintain. This makes it easier for programmers to plan and organize their tasks more.
- Node.js is event driven and non-blocking so it's very high speed (performance) and this is the main benefit of using it.
- Because of its event-driven design Node.js can manage concurrent requests rather than other web technologies.
- If you do something at the same time where you have several connections open then you must go with Node.js because it doesn't take a lot of memory and increases speed.
- Node.js is better than PHP's. Currently the biggest problem with PHP is security threats and in the last few years several solutions have been introduced to resolve this.
Advantages of PHP over Node.js
- PHP is now nearly 20 + years old. It has a profound background in creating the internet. Node.js, on the other hand, is relative new.
- All major CMS platforms such as WordPress, Joomla and Drupal are all written in PHP, including their plugins, making it simple to use and change as needed.
- PHP is a simple and thin layer language with fewer variables and other elementary functions. Though Node.js is more complex.
- PHP is preferred to handle less complex projects because it does not use any JAR files and compilers, and allows a developer to create a web application with just an editor and PHP files.
- PHP is making it easier for its developers to combine application codes. Simply open PHP tags and write codes with no templates or other files necessary. Learning and implementation is very simple.