Selenium IDE First Test Case
You'll learn in this section how to create a basic test case in the Selenium Idea.
The entire cycle of creating unit tests in Selenium IDE can be divided into three stages:
- Recording (recording of browser interactions between users)
- Play back (recorded script execution)
- Save the Test Suites
- Start browser Firefox.
- On the top right corner of your browser, click on the Selenium icon.
- It will trigger the default Selenium IDE interface.
- Rename the project as "Test Demo"
- Rename "phptpoint test" as the test event.
- To start recording the test case, click the "Start Recording" button present in the top right corner of the IDE.
- Go to your browser on Firefox and open the URL: www.google.com
- It will redirect you to the Search Engine page on Google.
- Type "Java Tutorials" in the search box on Google.
- To get the search results click enter.
- Tap on the link given under URLhttps:/www.phptpoint.com/java-tutorial "Java Tutorial"
- It will lead you to the Java tutorial site page on phptpoint. Meanwhile, at the extreme right corner of your web browser, you'll get notifications of the actions performed by the IDE.
- Now, go to the IDE and click on the "Stop recording" button to stop further recording of your actions.
- The Test Editor box now includes a list of all of your browser interactions.
2. Playing Back
It will perform all of your browser interactions and give you an overall summary of the test script that has been executed.
- Click on the "Run Current Test" button in the IDE toolbar menu.
- The Log pane displays the total summary of the test scripts being executed.
3. Saving the test suite
- Click the Save button present in the menu bar's extreme right corner.
- Save as "Demo Review" all test suite.
- The Log pane shows the overall summary of the test scripts being executed.