Home >>Selenium Tutorial >Selenium Limitations
- Selenium does not support desktop-applications automation testing.
- Selenium needs strong range of skills to more easily optimize tests.
- Since selenium is open source software, you have to focus on community forums to fix your technical problems.
- We can not carry out automation experiments using selenium on web services like SOAP or REST.
- To build test scripts in Selenium WebDriver we should learn at least one of the programming languages that are provided.
- It does not provide an entity repository such as UTF / QTP built in to maintain objects / elements in a centralized location. Nevertheless, using Page Object Model, we can solve the limitation.
- Selenium has no inbuilt reporting capability; for test reports you have to rely on plug-ins such as JUnit and TestNG.
- Tests on images can not be done. For image-based research we will combine Selenium with Sikuli.
- It takes longer to create test environment in Selenium compared with vendor tools such as UFT, RFT, Silk test, etc.
- Nobody is responsible for the usage of modern features; they may or may not work properly.
- Selenium does not provide Configuration Management functionality with any test tool.