James Gosling is the lead designer and the founder of the Java language and this language was developed by the Sun Microsystems on May 23, 1995. It is generally known to be a general purpose, object-oriented and class based concurrent and secured programming language that has been and designed to have a less amount of implementation dependencies. Java language is also referred as the multi platform language as it runs on a variety of platforms, like Windows, Mac OS, and the various versions of UNIX. Java is also called as the WORA among the programmers that simply means write once, run everywhere.
Our Java tutorial has been designed by the experts of the field in order to deliver maximum efficiency. Our tutorial generally consists of the practical example along with the interesting illustration that is helpful in focusing towards the learning approach of the programming language.
Why you should learn Java programming?
Java should be learned by the students and working professionals in order to become a great Software Engineer. Our java tutorial for beginners and professionals have many benefits as the student will get complete knowledge in the terms of examples and the fundamentals.
Here are some of the key advantages that you will get when learning Java Programming:
- Simple – It was designed with a motto to be used in the highest technology that will evolve on the planet and everyone should be able to access it. In order to learn it one should just have the basic understanding of the basic concept of OOP Java that knowledge would help you to master it.
- Object Oriented − everything in it is basically an Object and it can be easily extended because of the fact that it is based on the Object model.
- Robust − In order to eliminate error prone situations java makes an effort by emphasizing mainly on the compile time error checking and the runtime checking.
- Secure − Java language is known for its security and the feature that enables to develop virus-free, tamper-free systems. The authentication techniques that are used in the Java are generally based on public-key encryption.
- Architecture neutral − an architecture-neutral object file format is generate by the Java compiler, that is used to make the compiled code executable on various processors that too with the presence of Java runtime system.
- Platform Independent – Whenever the Java program is compiled, it is compiled into platform independent byte code instead of getting compiled in to a platform specific machine just like other programming languages including C and C++. This byte code is generally distributed over the web and interpreted by the Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Portable – Java language is portable as of these features: it is architecture-neutral and has no implementation dependent aspects of the specification. Compiler in Java is basically written in ANSI C that too with a clean portability boundary that is basically a POSIX subset.
Applications of Java Programming
The Java SE 8 is generally known as the latest released version of the Java Standard Edition. The widespread popularity, multiple configurations were built to suit various types of platforms when there was advancement of Java. For instance: J2ME for Mobile Applications, J2EE for Enterprise Applications.
The J2 versions that are known be new have been renamed as Java SE, Java EE, and Java ME respectively. As discussed above, Java is known as the WORA among the programmers that simply means write once, run everywhere.
- Multithreaded – Programmers can write programs that can perform many tasks simultaneously with the help of Java's multithreaded feature. Due to this design feature the developers are allowed to construct interactive applications that can run very smoothly.
- Interpreted − Java byte code is generally translated on the fly to the native machine instructions and when it comes to store them, it is basically not stored anywhere. As the linking is an incremental and light-weight process hence, the development process is more rapid and analytical.
- High Performance − Java language have enabled high performance just with the use of just-in-time compilers.
- Distributed − It was basically designed for the distributed environment of the internet as it can be distributed to the other parallels.
- Dynamic − Java is basically designed to adapt to an evolving environment hence, because of this very fact, Java is considered to be more dynamic than C or C++ languages. An extensive amount of run-time information can be carried by the Java programs that can be used forward in order to verify and resolve accesses to the objects on run-time.
Types of Java Applications
There are generally four main operations that can generally be created by the use of Java programming as depicted below:
- Enterprise Application
These are the applications that are generally distributed in nature for instance, banking applications, and many more are known as the enterprise application. These applications have various advantages of the high-level security, load balancing, and clustering. In Java, it is generally used for the creation of enterprise applications.
- Standalone Application
The applications that are generally known as the desktop applications or window-based applications are known as the Standalone Application. These are basically the traditional software that are needed to be installed on every machine.
- Web Application
The application that is generally known to run on the server side and creating a dynamic page is known as the web application. In order to create the web applications in Java Servlet, JSP, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JSF are the technologies that are generally used.
- Mobile Application
The applications that are generally created for the mobile devices are known as a mobile application. In order to create the mobile applications currently we are using Android and Java ME.
Our Java tutorial for beginners and professionals have been intelligently designed to assist them in understanding the concepts of java that elevates from basic to advanced that are all related to the Java Programming language.
Java language is fun learn, but there are some things that are recommended to learn before starting this tutorial. In order to proceed to learn this Java programming tutorial, it is recommended that you should be aware about the computer programs and computer programming languages.