SEO WEB DESIGN AND LAYOUT FOR A WEBSITE
Everybody has some great ideas and plans for their website, and it always starts with web design and the layout. But the thing is if it just looks appealing the website suffers in terms of SEO web design and ranks poorly on search engines.
The main reason why is that search engines don't follow the same rules as humans do in terms of appeal.
SO, WHAT WE TO DO?
Well, the first step is to design the website according to SEO called SEO web design. Made up of guidelines and rules SEO web design helps a web designer optimize his website so that it looks good and ranks high in a search engine
here are some of the rules and guidelines you can follow for SEO Web design.
USING YOUR KEYWORDS AND KNOWING WHERE TO PUT THEM
Keyword placement follows keyword research and it involves putting your targeted keywords on key areas
around your website. Key Areas such as body text, headlines, meta tags, meta descriptions links etc for web pages so that it ranks high.
But keyword placement's biggest importance lies in the homepage.
The homepage of your website is the entrance and without proper keyword placement it becomes a confusing mess of content that search engines can't understand.
But by placing your keywords in the right areas search engines can find and rank them easier.
WEB UI and NAVIGATION AND KEEPING IT SIMPLE
WEB UI or web user interface refers to the available interactions a user can with a website.
To put it in simple terms, The main menu and the categories etc form the user interface of a website. A website with a difficult user interface leaves a bad look because of its difficulty and learning curve.
Keeping the UI simple and clean the user doesn't have to worry about learning how to use it and can just proceed with coursing through the website. Navigation is the next step after designing a friendly UI as finding information on the website should be quick and easy.
here are some simple guides that you can follow to improve navigation
- Primary navigation for the website should be on the top or somewhere around it
- A search bar is great if a user wants to search by keywords
- Adding breadcrumbs can help a user see his where he is on the website
- Limit the amount of navigation on the website and keep it straightforward
- Modifying the navigation template also will make it easier for the user
URL (UNIFORM RESOURCE LOCATOR)
Having an easy and simple SEO optimized URL helps search engine to identify it faster. Here are some ways to optimize a URL
- Have your focus keyword in the URL so that it clearly tells what is on the page
- Keep it short so that it is easy for users to copy and paste
- Avoid URLs that contain random letters or numbers
Simplicity is the main focus and the biggest aspect of SEO web design. keeping a website simple efficient and user-friendly, it encourages the user to explore and search more within the website.
here are some tips to keep it simple for SEO web design
- Avoid adding too many colors as it distracts users and makes it too confusing. 3- 5 color pallet for your website is recommended
- Stick to 3-4 standard text fonts and 1-2 heading text fonts as too many different types of fonts makes it a mess and becomes confusing for the user
- Suggestion and help plugins are great for first-time visitors and users
- Add graphic imagery only if the user requires it
- Try to avoid pop in and horizontal scroll as it annoys a lot of users